[LINK] RFC: A Capable Email-Client, e.g. for a Mac

David dlochrin at key.net.au
Sun Sep 30 19:45:53 AEST 2018

I found the conversion utility described below for a friend of mine, but unfortunately he considers himself permanently chained to Eudora and didn't take it up.

I understand Eudora was originally architected back in the days when hard-drive space was at a premium so all attachments are stored separately (perhaps on another device).  It does have a nice user-interface, and I used it myself until I migrated to Linux.  I even emailed the developers re a possible Linux version, but eventuallt just saved what emails I thought were really worth keeping and regretfully binned the rest.

I think migrating existing Eudora emails would be impossible without a purpose-designed converter.  The one at https://www.abcamber.com/converter/eudora/ costs US$69 and seems to be a professionally produced product.  I believe the developer, one Rick Sally, has now shut down his company - see https://eudoraconverter.codeplex.com/ and https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/bharry/2017/03/31/shutting-down-codeplex/

Hope this is of some use...

David L.