[LINK] VoIP and internet services

Jevan Pipitone discussion-email-lists at jevan.com.au
Mon Apr 29 03:09:29 AEST 2019

You might find these links of interest

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/voip_providers

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/voip_softphones

As you can see one way is to get VOIP with your ISP and the voip/nbn
modem can have a regular phone port on it which you plug in your
existing phone into it. Or you can get a hardware voip phone that plugs
directly into a network port of your nbn modem. Or you can use softphone
(a software phone) which is phone software that runs on your computer
that uses the internet connection of you computer, like skype except it
separates the software and the voip provider, since with a softphone you
can choose who the VOIP provider is.

A disadvantage of a softphone is you can't carry it around the house,
the advantage is you can wear a headset with mic (more comfortable) and
sit at your computer on an ergonomic chair, if you're using your
computer a lot (which I do) then it makes sense to have the phone as
software on the computer, but I have to exit the software if I am doing
something I don't want to be interrupted, and then phone messages people
leave for me go through to voicemail as email audio attachments I
receive, so when I check my email I can check the incoming phone message
emails as well.

Jevan.

--
Signature

Volunteer Work Only (but you can make money)
MIT SE (UC), GradDip IT (UC), BSc (ANU),
GradCert Rsch Methods & Des (UC)

I am here for online friends, hobbies, volunteer work, and working on
business ideas, and I am on Centrelink Disability Support Pension
(Schizophrenia & Aspergers). I suspect that what will probably work is
people who are on a Centrelink payment such as unemployed, disability,
or retired, since they can benefit from me and since it allows me to
give back to Centrelink, and also, if female friends then age 49+ and
less attractive so that they will find me attractive, also probably
overweight since I am overweight. However I can also work with highly
skilled people since I can make use of what I get from them that is
useful for me to be able to work with interesting concepts. Me:
Computing Researcher, Self Employed, Innovation, Management, Canberra
Australia. Interests: Especially things involving the use of a computer.
Creating, Doing, Improvising, Analysing for Improvement: Computer
Programming Open Source including C#/VB.NET, CSS, HTML, Javascript, MS
Visual Studio, My/MS Sql, PHP, WinForms, WPF. 3d animation, Acting
Improvisations, Audio Podcasts, Business & Startups, Chat, Creative
Writing & Poetry, Creativity, Dancing, Debating, Decisions, Digital Art,
Discussion of Topics, Electronic Music Composition/Creation (FL Studio),
Engineering, Friends, Ideas, Information Analysis, Innovation, IT
Tuition, Jazz Piano, Jazz Singing Male Baritone & Choir & Karaoke,
Management, PC Support, Photography, Public Speaking, Reading online
science magazines and emails, Research, Science, Making YouTube Videos.
Friendship with adults via phone, Email, Online Chat, anything we can
make and send each other and collaborate on. Note: For our interactions,
collaborations, hobbies, volunteer work, etc to turn out successful, it
may be necessary for there to be a financial cost to me in order for you
or your organization to make it work, so let me know what you suggest.

Web: http://www.jevan.com.au/
Email: email5 at jevan.com.au <mailto:email5 at jevan.com.au>
Tel: (02) 6152 8010 (or +61 2 6152 8010)
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jevanpipitone
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jevanpipitone
GitHub: http://www.github.com/jevanpipitone
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jevanpipitone