[LINK] NBN Co's 'Netflix tax' slammed as push to protect net neutrality grows

Paul Brooks pbrooks-link at layer10.com.au
Fri Jul 5 13:52:56 AEST 2019

Response direct from NBNCo at
https://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/media-centre/media-statements/nbn-co-wholesale-pricing-and-product-consultation-and-video-streaming

They allege the intent of the question was to tease out ways of reducing charges for
streaming video, not increase.
There is no proposal for any increased charge or network capability on the table now,
and I suspect the huge negative public response
should ensure they rethink any plans to introduce something along these lines.

Paul.