[LINK] RFC: Article Series on 'Responsible AI'

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Mon Mar 4 20:50:06 AEDT 2019

I've put a proposal to Computer Law & Security Review for a series of
three articles on 'Responsible AI'.

It's all drafted, and I need to submit it in about a week's time.

I'd very much appreciate the thoughts of people in the link community.

The biggest payback for me is of course the detection of outright
errors, seriously misleading expressions, missed opportunities, and
passages that are incomprehensible.

But any observations at all of the 'constructively negative' variety can
be very helpful.

0.  Series Overview (1 x A4 page):
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIA.html

1.  Why the World Wants Controls over Artificial Intelligence
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AII.html

2.  Principles and Business Processes for Responsible AI
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIP.html

3.  Regulatory Alternatives for AI
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIR.html

The articles can be read in sequence.  But it's intended that key
elements should make reasonable sense if read in a standalone manner, in
particular these bits:

-   The Threats Inherent in AI
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AII.html#Th

-   Stakeholder and Multi-Stakeholder Risk Assessment and Management
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIP.html#SRA

-   Principles for Responsible AI
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIP.html#TP

     The 10 Abstract Principles
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIP.html#T4

     The 50 Detailed Principles
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIP.html#App1

-   A Co-Regulatory Framework for AI
     http://rogerclarke.com/EC/AIR.html#CRF

Many thanks!  ...  Roger

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.