[LINK] Search engines to be ordered to not link to academic cheating services

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sat May 18 11:49:52 AEST 2019

On 15/5/19 10:54 pm, Jevan Pipitone wrote:

> ... international students ...

Yes, I have been an online international student myself.

> ... online method ... language that the student is familiar ...

One of the features of Australian universities is they offer tuition
in English, so students get a qualification which helps with a visa,
and employment, where English is required. China also has universities
which teach in English to international students.
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2018/12/globalization-of-chinese-education.html

That said, perhaps there is scope for providing multi-lingual,
multi-cultural education online. I will touch on this in my free talk at
EduTECH in Sydney, 4pm 6 June:
https://blog.highereducationwhisperer.com/2019/05/mobile-learning-with-micro-credentials.html

How to incorporate co-curricular activities, such as music, is something
I know less about. But you might be interested in "Collision of Science
and Music", at ANU, 6pm Thursday 23 May:
https://science.anu.edu.au/news-events/events/collision-science-and-music

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington