[LINK] Australia didn't blame China for parliament hack in case it upset trade relations – report

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Fri Sep 20 08:36:32 AEST 2019

On 19/9/19 7:50 am, JLWhitaker wrote:

> ... stingrays all around the White House ...

Washington is on the banks of the Potomac River, thus at risk of
stingrays. The Australian Government, to counter this, has been
systematically extracting water from the the Murray–Darling basin to
stop stingrays getting up into the Molonglo River to Canberra. I can't
think of a more plausible explanation for the national water use policy. ;-)

More seriously, nations spy on each other: allies, as well as potential
enemies. Australia has to have in place security measures, which cost
money and are an inconvenience, but necessary. The motto of the
Australian Signals Directorate is "Reveal Their Secrets – Protect Our
Own": https://www.asd.gov.au/careers

--
Tom Worthington, MEd FHEA FACS CP http://www.tomw.net.au +61(0)419496150
TomW Communications Pty Ltd. PO Box 13, Belconnen ACT 2617, Australia

Honorary Lecturer, Computer Science, Australian National University
https://cecs.anu.edu.au/research/profile/tom-worthington