[LINK] The ACT Govt's COVID-19 Exclusion Zone

Roger Clarke Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
Wed Dec 23 08:03:49 AEDT 2020

On Sunday 20 Dec, at 17:00 for 24:00, the ACT government slapped a
14-day quarantine requirement on people coming to the ACT who've been in
"the Greater Sydney, Central Coast or Wollongong areas".

To define what that means, a table lists 35 LGAs in alpha order:
https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/community/travel/nsw

Put your hands up if you know:
-   the 29 Sydney Basin LGAs;
-   the 6 extra LGAs in "Greater Sydney, Central Coast or
    Wollongong areas";  and
-   the location-names on either side of the boundaries.

I used to know the 42 Sydney Basin LGAs, but since a partly-abortive and
badly-botched amalgamation campaign, some are foreign to me.
(Cumberland was a ridiculous name to use, because for a century 'the
County of Cumberland' encompassed the whole of the Sydney basin).

I also got part of the boundary wrong on this map first time around.
I overlooked Hawkesbury LGA (hence missing Richmond and Windsor):
http://rogerclarke.com/SOS/GSydAndNearbyLGAs.jpg

No map was provided, and that remained the case as late as Wed morning
23 Dec.  This email and attachment took 45 mins, but apparently the ACT
Govt doesn't have the resources, or doesn't think it matters.

(And the ACT Govt provides no email-addresses, and their web-forms make
no allowance for attachments.  Remember when the Web was going to
greatly improve relations between people and governments?  It didn't).

Northern Beaches LGA
Bayside LGA (excluding transit through Sydney airport)
Blacktown City LGA
Burwood LGA
Canada Bay City LGA
Canterbury-Bankstown LGA
Cumberland LGA
Fairfield City LGA
Georges River LGA
Hornsby Shire LGA
Hunter’s Hill Municipality LGA
Inner West LGA
Ku-ring-gai LGA
Liverpool City LGA
Lane Cove Municipality LGA
Mosman Municipality LGA
North Sydney LGA
Parramatta City LGA
Penrith City LGA
Randwick City LGA
Ryde City LGA
Strathfield Municipality LGA
Sutherland Shire LGA
Sydney City LGA
The Hills Shire LGA
Waverley LGA
Willoughby City LGA
Wollondilly Shire LGA
Woollahra City LGA

Using https://mangomap.com/robertyoung/maps/93143/NSW-LGAs#

Central Coast LGA
   includes Doyalson, Bushell's Ridge, Bucketty
   not Moonee, Wyee, Cessnock
Hawkesbury City LGA
   includes Mellong, Bilpin
   not Putty
Blue Mountains City LGA
   includes Mt Tomah, Mt Victoria
   not Lithgow
Camden LGA
   includes Wallacia, Greendale, Cobbity, Grasmere, Camden South
   not Warragamba, Werombi, The Oaks, Camden Park
Campbelltown City LGA
   includes Menangle Park,
   not Menangle, Appin
Wollongong LGA
   includes Darkes Forest, Dapto, Haywards Bay
   not Macquarie Pass, Albion Park, Shellharbour

Roger Clarke                            mailto:Roger.Clarke at xamax.com.au
T: +61 2 6288 6916   http://www.xamax.com.au  http://www.rogerclarke.com

Visiting Professor in the Faculty of Law            University of N.S.W.