[LINK] MyGov Phishing eMail

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Mon Jul 6 12:52:51 AEST 2020

Agari won't play any part in these emails, because (at least based on the
information provided) they didn't claim to come from my.gov.au - either
legitimately or otherwise.  Tom's original email (which went into my spam
folder in gmail, likely to the inclusion of a known-phishing URL) was :

From: MyGov <info at happydontweb.live>

happydontweb.live does have a DMARC record, with a reporting address,
however it also has a SPF record with a softfail at the end which is why
this message got through at least as far as the spam filters.

Even then Agari don't "follow up" on each incident as such - that's just
not how DMARC reporting works, and would be unrealistic and generally
completely unhelpful.

(I know the founder/CEO and several other people at Agari very well, and
have worked with several of their staff previously.  They offer a great
service, just not the one you seem to be implying they do...)

  Scott