[LINK] .nsw.gov.au and privacy

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Wed Mar 4 14:44:50 AEDT 2020

Hi Marghanita,

I take your point about creeping privatisation, but I don't have any personal interaction with road builders or bus operators and even the Opal operator has only limited, relevant information (name & address, email address & 'phone numbers, and my age).

But IMO the State Government is in a different category entirely because it's there to provide defined services to NSW Residents who have no other options.  It's not a private company with a need for marketing services.

A problem with most privacy statements seems to be an escape clause to the effect that the organisation may pass private information to their service providers, but there are no guarantees about what a service provider (or their service providers downstream) might do with it.

David