[LINK] ID checks for social media accounts?

David dlochrin at aussiebb.com.au
Tue Apr 6 10:48:55 AEST 2021

On 2021-04-06 09:35, Roger Clarke wrote:

> Reminds me of a classified ad I tried to put in the SMH in the 1970s.
>
> I think I'd written something like 'Flatmate sought for 2-bedroom flat in Balmain.  A lively female would be good'>
>> Maybe there was a sub-culture in inner-western Sydney at the time in which 'lively' was a euphemism for something else;  but for whatever reason my ad was rejected.
I remember seeing ads for share-households with a "gay atmosphere" around then and nobody would have mistaken that signal.  But a "lively female"... did you try advertising in the Balmain local rag?  I think Balmain was consolidating its position as a refuge for academics and left-leaning voters in the mid-seventies,, hence Paul Keating's rather unkind reference to "balmain basket weavers" which almost passed into the language.

He could be very entertaining at times though!

David Lochrin