[LINK] Head Information Warfare – breakfast - Tues 21 Sept 2021 [Canberra]

Frank O'Connor francisoconnor3 at tpg.com.au
Sat Aug 14 14:52:19 AEST 2021

Mmmm,

And our government, and certain of its agencies (ASIO, ASIC, Defence, Home Affairs etc) which have seen their Empires and Budgets explode over the last few, many would argue, paranoid years, have little or no interest in downplaying any real or imagined threat.

‘Drums of war’ speeches by Pezullo, an aspiring Defence head bureaucrat with a record for super successful and militaristic (he did after all initiate the Home Affairs black-shirts … which I found more than a little alarming) Empire building in Home Affairs are also calculated to bring the temperatures up.

Factor in the ASPI’s regular hand-in-fist Defence alarmism, funded by said department,  added to the mix … and Sinophobia becomes deriguer.

The really good thing is that nobody seems to be taking the long view about where all this nastiness leads … or looking to the past for guidance.

…. But I ‘m sure Scott Morrison, Peter Dutton and Mike Pezullo will have no problems with their kids being first in line to die if we go to war with China.

Yet another Defence debacle to follow Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and all the other great military ideas and solutions our politicians have had over the last 60 years or so.

Why the Hell do we elect these morons? (and I include the ALP and minor party morons in that mix.)

Just my 2 cents worth …
---