[LINK] The Doherty Model

Jan Whitaker jwhit at internode.on.net
Fri Aug 27 15:48:21 AEST 2021

I get that, too, but one thing he says is that there is only a 6 month
period. Where's the rest of the year to take us back into a cold
(autumn/winter) cycle? Is it that the model gets too nebulous so they
can't predict any further ahead? Or is it too confronting for what's
going to happen *after the election* (winter will be coming again)? And
those assumptions are frightening given how NSW has so quickly broken.

And the immunity fall off - is that in there? We know that will happen
here. It's already happening in other parts of the world.

Is there any economic modeling at all? Where? Who is doing that? Surely
the people who do life insurance projections would be who you would ask?
(can't remember what they are called, but it's something like the
highest paid profession, starts with an a)

I'm not in the 'hopeless' mode. I want to believe this will adjust like
flu did. But at least we need the full picture.