[LINK] The Doherty Model

Bernard Robertson-Dunn brd at iimetro.com.au
Mon Aug 30 11:39:28 AEST 2021

On 30/08/2021 10:15 am, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> Fair enough. This report is interpreted like the blind men and the
> elephant, or to put in more modern terminology: from the personal
> agenda of the person reading it.

The trouble is that the government and/or the public service doen't have
the competence to properly interpret the modelling.

Ross Gittins explains the broader problem in the SMH:

Smaller Government push explains much of our pandemic fumbling

http://www.rossgittins.com/2021/08/smaller-government-push-explains-much.html

Not only has the government hollowed out the public service so they
can't do the work themselves, they can't understand/validate the people
they now consult with.

Government and business are very different creatures.

--

Regards
brd

Bernard Robertson-Dunn