[LINK] If Google pulls search....

jwhit at internode.on.net jwhit at internode.on.net
Mon Jan 25 20:57:31 AEDT 2021

 Linkers,I can't think of a better group to discuss.
https://wwwabc.net.au/news/2021-01-25/google-may-pull-search-engine-from-australia-what-happens-next/13086712

Seems like no one knows if it would just be search or all the other
Google Workplace functions - translate, groups, gmail, etc.
But it seems that those in the article think that other search engines
will work or will be 'equal', not realising that some of the
alternatives just grab their results from google.
So, Linkers, what do you think will happen? Will business, large and
small, have a come to Jesus meeting with Morrison and the current
moron minister to explain that they actually ADVERTISE on Google
platforms? Will someone explain to Morrison and the current moron
minister that Bing is a MICROSOFT service? Will it be next on the
chopping block for not paying for content?

I'm so tired of ill-informed people in power screwing with stuff they
don't understand to satisfy Rupert Murdoch, and lately, Peter
Costello.
Thoughts?Jan