[LINK] Telstra and China Mobile

Kim Holburn kim.holburn at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 19:06:08 AEST 2021

China is busy building a huge dam on the upper reaches of the Mekong.  This might help their water problem but it will create a
major water problem for all the countries downstream, ie Burma, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Why do you think the "line of control" between India, Pakistan and China is so hotly contested?  It's about water.  Snow melt and
river headwaters.

Most of the wars to come will be about water.

On 2021/07/30 4:44 pm, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> Tom writes,
>
>>   If fear of China results in Australia increasing aid to the Pacific,
>>   that is not such a bad thing ..
>

> Yes, agreed .. and talking about aid to the Pacific region ..
>
> If my post “China and Water” is right, and that China has an absolute water crisis,
> then I believe we must help them.

Why?  They are big and ugly enough to look out for themselves.  We have our own water problem.

> How? I think Australia should offer the Chinese
> a sizable portion of our land. It would be the most humanitarian gesture in history.

No, just no.

> Offer the Chinese government a place to settle say half of their population. Maybe
> around 25% of our top-end and west of the continent. It’s not like we are putting it
> to any intensive use. And, maybe they might even offer to buy it? China is, I believe,
> soon facing an absolute disaster. We are Aussies, we believe in a fair go. We always
> help people in trouble. We are good at that. And, we can be the heroes of the world.
>
> And anyway, otherwise, if we were selfish, they could fairly easily just take it from us.
 >
 > So, I say we can indeed offer the Chinese just such an amazing humanitarian solution.

Already bought and paid for.  Yeah, but, no.

Mainland China is about the same area as Australia and in a similar way to Australia is mostly populated on the east side, the west
is largely desert.  They don't need more land.  Most of our land doesn't have enough water.

--
Kim Holburn
IT Network & Security Consultant