[LINK] “Integrated Deterrence in the Indo-Pacific"

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Mon Oct 18 08:34:07 AEDT 2021

On 16/10/21 10:13 pm, Stephen Loosley wrote:

> ... A new report by Australia’s former consul general in Honolulu
> calls for greater integration with US forces ...

The US and Australian military have worked closely together since WWII.
I saw this when working at DoD: http://tomw.net.au/nt/tt97.html

However, having the ADF as a mini-me to the USA is not going to
contribute much of practical value. I suggest Australian instead provide
what the USA is lacking in, particularly in areas which do not require
large expenditure on equipment, but require technical and diplomatic
subtlety. This could include, for example, surveillance systems, cyber
and information warfare. This could also include paramilitary forces and
informal cooperation with countries in the region to counter grey-zone
warfare.

--
Tom Worthington http://www.tomw.net.au