[LINK] The 'Sea Snake' Phenomenon: 'Please Explain'

Stephen Rothwell sfr at rothwell.id.au
Sat Sep 25 18:56:07 AEST 2021

Hi Karl,

On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 17:24:47 +1000 Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:
> The smarts can go in the device just as easily as in the charger. USB-C
> can provide up to 3A right now. The standard will soon be extended to
> allow higher voltages and higher wattages, allowing USB-C to power
> laptops and similar devices. 5A, 240W, 50V.

You will be pleased to know that a large number of laptops and tablets
already is use a USB-C cable to charge.  Even Apple laptops and iPads
do so ... it is only the iPhone that does not ...

My laptop charger (for example) is happy to produce 3.25A and 20V (65W)
over a USB-C cable.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell