[LINK] How did pagers explode?

Narelle Clark narellec at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:02:06 AEST 2024

On Mon, 23 Sept 2024 at 09:03, Tom Worthington
<tom.worthington at tomw.net.au> wrote:

> On 21/9/24 12:15, Narelle Clark wrote:
>
> > ...  there would be very tight arrangements around these devices and
> > it's highly unlikely any would have strayed at all. ...
>
> I am not sure procedures would be that tight in a fake company set up by
> a secret organization, or their customers. With thousands of booby
> trapped products manufactured there is the risk some went astray.

That's just it - I doubt there would have been thousands of booby
trapped devices made. The
risk of handling that much explosive would have been too high. This is
likely one or a few
boxes of the goods on their way to Hezbollah intercepted and replaced
with identical ones
that were booby trapped.

--

Narelle