[LINK] How did pagers explode?

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at zoho.com
Mon Sep 23 22:06:52 AEST 2024

 > On Mon, 23 Sept 2024 at 09:03, Tom writes:
 > >
 > > On 21/9/24 12:15, Narelle Clark writes:
 > >
 > > > ...  there would be very tight arrangements around these devices and
 > > > it's highly unlikely any would have strayed at all. ...
 > >
 > > I am not sure procedures would be that tight in a fake company set up by
 > > a secret organization, or their customers. With thousands of booby
 > > trapped products manufactured there is the risk some went astray.
 >
 > That's just it - I doubt there would have been thousands of booby
 > trapped devices made. The risk of handling that much explosive would
 > have been too high. This is likely one or a few boxes of the goods on their
 > way to Hezbollah intercepted and replaced with identical ones
 > that were booby trapped.
 >
 > Narelle
 > narellec at gmail.com

The New York Times writes that Israeli intelligence officials made the pagers ..

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2024/09/the-d-brief-september-20-2024/399701/

Update: Israeli intelligence officials made the pagers that detonated across Lebanon and Syria, killing more than a dozen people and wounding more than 2,700 others on Tuesday, the New York Times reported late Wednesday, citing “12 current and former defense and intelligence officials.”

Ref:  https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/18/world/middleeast/israel-exploding-pagers-hezbollah.html

[Quoting above: Israeli intelligence officials saw an opportunity. Even before Mr. Nasrallah decided to expand pager usage, Israel had put into motion a plan to establish a shell company that would pose as an international pager producer...."]

Related reading: “Hezbollah handed out pagers hours before blasts - even after checks,” Reuters reported separately.