[Nauty] DAG isomorphisms for size > 7

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Feb 27 13:32:02 EST 2004

The graphs at the end of
   http://cs.anu.edu.au/people/bdm/data/digraphs.html
are *acyclic* digraphs, so they have no directed cycles.
However, the sequence
   ./geng -q 3 | ./directg -u -o
makes all digraphs without cycles of length 2, including the
directed triangle 0-->1-->2-->0 which is not acyclic.  That is
why it produces 7 digraphs instead of 6.

Do you want acyclic or not?

For acyclic digraphs, the next two counts are 20,286,025 and 342,493,801.
You can't make them with software I've made available.  Perhaps I can
make the 20,286,025 with existing software if you need them.  For the
342,493,801, I would need to write a new program.

I'll also think about whether directg can get an "acyclic" option.

To get useful output from directg use the -T option.  If gives the
number of vertices, the number of edges, then a list of edges.

Brendan.

* Brian Patterson <patterbj at cs.iastate.edu> [040227 12:04]: