[Nauty] New nauty version limited release

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Oct 22 23:55:01 EST 2004

* Sterten at aol.com <Sterten at aol.com> [041022 21:03]:
> Brendan:
>
> >Nauty peoples,
> >
> >A new  version of nauty/gtools can be downloaded from
> >     http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/nauty/nauty22.tar.gz
> >     http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/nauty/nauty22.zip
>
> shouldn't this be version 2.3  or later ?

Next one will be 2.3.  Previous versions were 2.2betaXXX

> I  added a line in multig.c:
> if(argc<2 ||  argv[1][0]=='/'){printf("\n");printf(HELPTEXT);exit(1);} //##
> this line added  for DOS/Windows by Guenter Stertenbrink

There is nothing wrong with having argv[1][0]=='/' .

> > % multig  --help
> >
> > Usage: multig [-q] [-u|-T|-G] [-e#|-e#:#]  [-m#] [-f#] [infile [outfile]]
> >

> the "-" signs are not  necessary, e.g.
> "geng 7 1:20 | multig ue20" is well-defined
> instead of  geng 7 1:20 | multig -u -e20

The "-" signs are essential for two reasons.
1. to comply with Unix command line standards
2. to make it unambiguous.  Actually "multig ue20" means to read
   input from the file called ue20.

> >   -T  use a  simple text output format (nv ne {v1 v2 mult})
>
> I'd like an additional  format with just the n*n numbers of the adjacency
> matrix in one  line.

Ok.  Next edition.

> >multig cannot presently generate loops.   That will change.
>
> expectation value of duration ? (assuming "never"=10  years or such)

Next edition.  I don't like to promise particular times because I have
too many deadlines already, but if someone tells me they have a serious
application for this I can move it up in the queue.

> Also, what about one big  executable which contains all programs ?

I can't see any use for it.  You can make a shell script with this
behaviour if you want.

Brendan.