[Nauty] database of small graphs (slightly off-topic)

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Fri Apr 29 14:45:01 EST 2005

* Jason Grout <grout at math.byu.edu> [050429 13:57]:
> I've been using geng in my research to generate graphs with various
> properties.  I'd like to make it easier for my advisor to list the
> graphs that have certain properties.  I've already started working on a
> database of small graphs (under 10 vertices or so), generated using
> geng.  The idea is to create a web interface to the database that
> allows querying for graphs with certain properties.  I know some of you
> have listings of graphs with specific properties, but is there some
> publicly accessible database of all small graphs and the various
> properties of each one?  Preferably the database would allow queries
> over the web and would present the results in a format easily usable
> for people without a lot of computer skills.

There are some graph families here:
    http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/data/
    http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~gordon/data.html
However, we do not attempt to list elementary properties. It would
be nice to have the type of intelligent database you describe, but I
don't know if you will be able to add enough properties to satisfy
many requests. People have a vast array of different ideas about
which graphs are interesting. Some rare properties, for example
Ramsey properties, high girth, or strong connectivity, need special
programs for their efficient generation.

Brendan.