[Nauty-list] generating unlabeled bipartite graphs

Abhishek akshriv at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 06:21:49 EST 2006

Hi,

Yes the groups are different and the graphs are still bipartite graphs. But
the number of unlabeled graphs is usually different. For example, consider
the case where each of the two partitions have 2 sets each, and each set has
two vertices; i.e. set1:=[1,2],set2:=[3,4],set3:=[5,6],set4:=[7,8], and
partition1:=Union(set1,set2), partition2:=Union(set3,set4). Given that the
vertices within a set are identical to each other and between two sets are
different, the number of unlabeled bipartite graphs (or the number of orbits
of the induced automorphism group on all the labeled bipartite graphs) are
5488. This number is different from the number of unlabeled bipartite graphs
with partitions [1,2,3,4] and [5,6,7,8]. This number is 317. The number of
labeled bipartite graphs in both the cases is the same - 65536.

So, basically in my problem the aut(G) is a subgroup of the usual aut(G) for
bipartite graphs. I don't know if this difference can be taken care of by
the existing code in genbg. Please reply back with your thoughts on how I
should handle the problem - more specifially - do i need to implement the
graph generation algorithm completely for my problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek