[Nauty-list] amtog and digraphs

Gordon Royle gordon at maths.uwa.edu.au
Sun Aug 16 18:30:04 EST 2009

On 15/08/2009, at 3:32 AM, Eggermont, C.E.J. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm very new to nauty.
> I want to remove isomorphs from a (smallish for now) list of 525
> (small) digraphs.
> Since shortg only mentions undirected graphs I used
>  ./amtog -s list-of-digraphs | ./labelg | sort | uniq
> However I get a lot of warnings that the matrices are unsymmetric
> (obviously).

The simple answer is that you are using programs and formats for
graphs that do not support digraphs.

In particular, neither graph6 nor sparse6 format supports directed
graphs.

Note that nauty itself can canonically label directed graphs, but you
will need to use a custom-made input/output routine...