[Nauty-list] malfunction of listg

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Mon Mar 14 16:45:05 EST 2011

Please clarify: is this the catg problem mentioned in other mail
or a separate problem?

What was the size of the truncated output files? If it was
approximately 2.1 GB, you have probably met the limit of 32-bit i/o
functions.

Depending on your operating system, you might be able to bypass the
problem by piping the output through "cat".
Instead of
    listg file >outputfile
use
    listg file | cat >outputfile

The next version of nauty uses 64-bit i/o functions where available,
so this problem will disappear if your operating system is not too
old and you aren't using a disk formatted in a way that limits file
sizes (like some "FAT" formats).

Brendan.

* William Rummler <w.a.rummler at gmail.com> [110314 16:05]: