[Nauty-list] malfunction of listg

Susanne Nieß niess at ma.tum.de
Tue Mar 15 21:01:09 EST 2011

The catg problem and the listg problem are two seperate problems. For the catg problem, I found the workaround to use the bash command cat instead (this should work because my files have no header) but the listg problem is still open and giving me headaches. As I am using the -A option with listg (precisely: -A -t -q), the size of the output files should be exactly proportional to the size of the input files. The size of the truncated output files is approximately 2.1 GB so you are must be right with this. I would appreciate an error message in this case in the next version because it took me some time to realize that those files were not correct. I will try to attach some of the input files that I used (the files that caused the problem are of course very big) so you can see if the size of output with "listg -A -t -q" is proportional to the size of the input or why it is not. The number of vertices is 11, the number of graphs is very big because I used geng to make ALL graphs with 11 vertices and the number of edges that forms the end of the file name. Apart from the size, the output files from the 64-bit system showed no traces of insensible output as far as I could see but of course it is not very easy to see much in such huge files. Thank you for your help.

unfortunately the mail server refuses to attach my files because they
are too big.