[PapuanLanguages] READ ME (changes to the list)

Martin Steer m.steer at coombs.anu.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 10:46:17 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I would like to encourage you all to reply to the list, rather than
just to the original poster. This should encourage general discussion
and provide a more valuable resource, as postings to the list go into
a publicly-accessible archive.

Please be warned that I have changed the list settings. Replies are
now AUTOMATICALLY DIRECTED TO THE LIST (yes, I am shouting), whereas
formerly they went to the original poster. I also noticed this morning
that the list archives were closed to the public. It is more usual, I
think, for the archives of this kind of list to be open, so I have
made that change as well. The archives can be found at:

<http://mailman.anu.edu.au/pipermail/papuanlanguages/>

and are also linked from LinguistList. The subscription page is at:

There is also a minor name change, from 'Papuanlanguages' to
'PapuanLanguages'. This does not affect the mailing address:

<papuanlanguages at anu.edu.au>

If you have any objections to these changes, I would naturally prefer
that you send them to the list, for general discussion. If you have
any other problems please query the list or one of the list managers:

"Doug Marmion" <dem at coombs.anu.edu.au>
"Martin Steer" <m.steer at coombs.anu.edu.au>

--
Martin Steer