[Aqualist] PollenID group

Doris Barboni barboni at cerege.fr
Thu Sep 21 19:31:30 EST 2006

Dear member of Aqualist,

A new group of discussion on unidentified pollen grains has been created by a french team. Some of you may want to join! For more details, read below. (I also forward at the end the original message from the french team... but it's in french).

Best regards,

Doris Barboni
Research scientist, CNRS
CEREGE UMR6635
BP80 - 13545 Aix en Provence cedex 4, France
http://www.cerege.fr/dynclim/index_dynclim.htm

*
The Pollen-ID goup *is intended for palynologists wishing to post pictures of unidentified pollen grains in order to improve their expertise by sharing experience and knowledge.

Members are encouraged to send their pictures preferably as attachment or to refer to external URLs if need be.

Discussions on most topics related to the identification of pollen are suitable : pictures of pollen grains taken by the author, expertise sharing on pollen identification, pollen photography and samples preparation, information regarding software for pollen photography...

There are no geographical nor time restrictions, ancient and modern pollen grains from any places or origins may be submitted.

Keep the size of files sent to Pollen-ID around 300 kB. In addition, please send messages in plain text and do not use HTML formatted e-mails.

Each image shall be accompanied by useful information concerning the pollen: location, time, preparation type, size (in µm / microns) as well as your estimate of the number / nature of its apertures and the nature of its ornamentation.

All pictures must be yours, or you must have expressed, written permission from the owner or author to display them on this forum. Please respect author copyrights.

Members are invited to communicate in English but this should not stop members who feel uncomfortable with this language to participate. Please feel free to use any of the main European languages. There will certainly be multilingual members willing to translate if required.

To send messages to all the members of this group, send email to PollenID at yahoogroups.com
Personal replies should be sent directly to the original author's e-mail address.

Best regards,
Denis Vernier, Florence Boutet, Christiane Tisse.