[LINK] Australian University Rankings

Tom Worthington tom.worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Sep 6 09:57:40 AEST 2020

On 4/9/20 10:37 am, David wrote:

> ... Staff with a funded research interest probably make more informed
> & involved teachers ...

No, what makes a teacher is teacher training.

Palali, Van Elk, Bolhaar & Rud (2018) found students taught by academics
with good publication records got higher grades, but only for masters
level students, not undergraduates.

Researchers have a very different university experience to the average
student. Many genuinely want to help their students, but don't know what
to do.

ps: I can relate to the average student, as I was a very average student
myself, recently of education (Worthington, 2016). ;-)