[LINK] Nationprograms to recruit IT people with vocational qualifications.al Skills Passport

Stephen Loosley stephenloosley at outlook.com
Sat Sep 30 12:25:07 AEST 2023

Tom writes,

> Australia has a national system of qualifications which covers blue collar,
> as well as blue chip education. We just need a way to record and present skills.
>
>> Bureaucratic hurdles await every candidate for a civil service job. But there's
>> a special set of problems facing experienced workers who lack blue-chip
>> educational credentials.

Yes, we certainly seem to be further down the track .. eg:

https://www.acs.org.au/msa/information-for-applicants.html

“Welcome to ACS Migration Skills Assessment”

ACS is the authorised assessing authority that undertakes skill assessments for the purposes of skilled migration. Our role is to assess the skills and qualifications of ICT professionals who are considering migration to Australia to work in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector.

This is an important role in Australia’s national interest, intended to supplement the Australian workforce with skills in areas of domestic shortage to ensure continued economic growth and enable the country to best position itself for continued prosperity.”

And: https://www.acs.org.au/professionalrecognition/mysfia-b2c.html

“mySFIA self-assessment”

Map out your path to success with mySFIA, a customised tool that helps ACS members profile and assess their skills to stay ahead of the curve.

Future-proofing tech careers and teams

Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) is the essential tool for organisational design and talent management in the tech sector.

As Australia’s leading (SFIA) partner, ACS has developed mySFIA to help members navigate constant technological change, develop skills and future-proof their tech careers.

mySFIA helps you pinpoint your current skills profile (or that of your workforce) and recognise areas for development to help achieve your goals.

By meeting the standards of the international SFIA framework, you can confidently demonstrate your own or your team’s capacities.

mySFIA corporate edition –  enterprise-wide skills assessment

ACS Professional Partner members can access a corporate edition of mySFIA with enhanced functions. With skills profiling and reporting across teams or an entire enterprise, planning workforce development and training is effortless.