[TimorLesteStudies] a new snake species (resend with link)

Hinrich Kaiser chalcopis at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 1 11:40:35 AEST 2021

My co-authors and I recently published the description of a new snake species genus Stegonotus, found only in the south-coast moist forests of Timor-Leste. Former President José Ramos-Horta suggested we name the species for the area in which we first discovered it, and we are honored to dedicate the description to him, on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of his receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.
You can access the publication at the following URL:https://www.researchgate.net/publication/354321781_A_new_species_of_Stegonotus_Serpentes_Colubridae_from_the_remnant_coastal_forests_of_southern_Timor-Leste

While this is a rather technical description overall, we hope that the images of the snake and the photos of the locality may provide a glimpse of Timor-Leste most will never see.

With best wishes,Hinrich Kaiser, PhD FLSVictor Valley College

Hinrich Kaiser PhD FLSProfessor of Biology, Victor Valley College
Editor-in-Chief, Herpetology NotesGuest Researcher, Zoologisches Forschungsmuseum Alexander KoenigResearch Associate, USNM, Smithsonian InstitutionExecutive Committee Member, World Congress of Herpetology
PeaceJam Representative of Nobel Peace Laureate José Ramos-HortaMember, Int. Advisory Board, Foundation for Post-Conflict Development
*** I Stand With Black Lives ***
 Please note: This email and its attachments (if any) are confidential and intended solely for the named recipient.