[LINK] Identity theft virus infects 10,000 computers

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Aug 13 12:36:54 AEST 2006

At 10:26 AM 13/08/2006, Karl Auer wrote:
> > You just identified one of the arguments that corporate suits have
> > made whenever open source or even Linux alone has been considered for
> > enterprise application. Who will we sue if it doesn't work or screws
> > up our business?
>
>Currently you can't sue anyone anyway. If Microsoft's incompetence
>toasts your data, there is noone to sue - read the EULA. You only get to
>sue someone if you commissioned the work; and even then the contract is
>probably so EULA-like as to preclude much chance for litigation. It
>would have to be some kind of unforeseen problem that one or the other
>party *should* have foreseen.

Just for clarity, I didn't say it was logical, just what the argument was.

Jan Whitaker
JLWhitaker Associates, Melbourne Victoria
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

'Seed planting is often the most important step. Without the seed, there is
no plant.' - JW, April 2005