[LINK] E-Tag security?

Geoffrey Ramadan gramadan at umd.com.au
Sat Dec 16 11:37:38 AEDT 2006

Doing some further investigation on this, and if you check out CityLinks
privacy code.
http://www.citylink.com.au/files/Privacy_Code_Dec_02.pdf
It will give you some idea of the operation of the system.

Of particular interest is:
"The e-TAG device itself does not emit a
signal of its own. Rather, it modifies and reflects the
signal emitted by the roadside equipment."

This will make the "scanning sniffer" more difficult.

It also seams to indicate that images are only kept if there is no e-tag.

Regards
Geoffrey Ramadan