[LINK] Eudora email moves to open source

grove at zeta.org.au grove at zeta.org.au
Tue Nov 14 19:42:43 AEDT 2006

I use PINE everywhere, even on OSX.   I will never give it up.

We have to use Exchange at work.   I connect to it using IMAP
and read mail in PINE.  They tried to sneak in an SSL requirement
to get rid of us holdouts - no problem,  I recompiled it with OpenSSL support
during my lunch break!

One thing I truly despise about Eudora is the "By way of"  header.

It breaks mail threads, confuses recipients, is not an actual part
of any RFC, it's a kind of forgery
  and is just downright stupidly enabled.  I think Outlook
has adopted a similar abuse of mail protocols.

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                 Kingswood, Greater Western Sydney, Australia
grove at zeta.org.au                http://www.zeta.org.au/~grove/grove.html