[LINK] Churning broadband from Telstra?

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Aug 29 14:45:48 AEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:26:09PM +0930, Brenda Aynsley wrote:
> Karl Auer wrote:
>
>> If you change ISP by "churning" (which is generally the cheapest way to
>> do it), make sure, when the move is complete, that your old ISP has
>> closed your account and is no longer charging you.

yep, this is what is supposed to happen.

> I thought churning simply meant that it was a live broadband connection
> ready to be swapped to a new isp.  I didnt think the new ISP had any
> responsibility, nor authority, to cancel your account with the former isp.

"fast-churning" is specifically between telstra and telstra resellers.
there's no way that Telstra could claim to not know that the churn
had happened because they have to be involved in the churn procedure.

which is probably why they so promptly offered to fix the bill.

similar if you're fast-churning between two different telstra resellers
- all three (old isp, new isp, & telstra) are involved in and aware of
the process.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>

And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies.
		-- Linus Torvalds