[LINK] Some shocking news about wireless electricity

Antony Barry tony at tony-barry.emu.id.au
Fri Jun 22 16:01:11 AEST 2007

On 11/06/2007, at 9:43 AM, Lea de Groot wrote:

> If the govt is about to ban incandescent bulbs as a power saving
> measure, I can't imagine that this sort of supply method would be
> deemed in the community interest!

If I remember rightly domestic lighting represents about 2% of
national energy use. That is about one years growth. This is symbolic
at best.

It was clearly a case of "We must do something. This is something
therefore...".

How about tacking something what is growing fast and hits a period of
peak power usage, air conditioning, instead? For instance to get air
conditioning in your home you must -

1. Have good ceiling insulation.

2. Pay a tax of ~$14,000 for the power company to put in extra
capacity to run it
	or

Keep it off the grid and install sufficient solar panels to power it
yourself.

Tony

phone : 02 6241 7659 | mailto:me at Tony-Barry.emu.id.au
mobile: 04 1242 0397 | mailto:tony.barry at alianet.alia.org.au
http://tony-barry.emu.id.au