[LINK] Carbon-neutral web hosting

Rick Welykochy rick at praxis.com.au
Thu Oct 4 17:34:46 AEST 2007

Ivan Trundle wrote:

> In this article,  I postulated the next logical step: that of the title
> of 'Wisdom Manager', which will undoubtedly come into existence when we
> have too many Knowledge Managers. At that time, everyone will be an
> Information Manager anyway, so new descriptors will be needed. The grand
> poobah will, of course, be the Chief Wisdom Officer, and she will indeed
> know that the answer is 42, and will be God.

Not directly related.

I worked long enough at a company to see several waves of marketing
droids come and go.

At one time, customer support was called "The Customer Support Centre".
New droids needed a new name. They dubbed it "Customer Service".
Newer droids came in and renamed it (you guessed it) to its original
name.

I believe this renaming cycle took about five or six years. When I pointed
out the cycle renaming and hinted at what a waste of time and energy it was,
esp. for the IT dept, Le Shit Hit Le Fan.

Sigh.

cheers
rickw

--
Rick Welykochy || Praxis Services

Once a new technology starts rolling, if you're not part of the
steamroller, you're part of the road.
      -- Stewart Brand