[LINK] Coonan vs Conroy: What are the top issues?

David Lochrin dlochrin at d2.net.au
Fri Sep 28 09:57:34 AEST 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 08:39, Pilcher, Fred wrote:
> Reducing Australia's reliance on monopoly software - particularly in
> government; promotion of the use of open standards; and the development
> of a national software industry based on open standards and open source.

   A very good point, especially given that OSS is likely to be widely used in Asia and it would be nice if Australia could earn export dollars through support & education of OSS.

   And the whole question of the IT&C security comes to mind.  Do we want to develop a critical IT&C infrastructure with (how can I say this diplomatically?) levels of security comonly associated with user platforms?

David