[LINK] Musings on StreetView

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 11 17:17:30 AEST 2008

Linkers,

It goes like this; I wrote a longish message to a journalists'
newsgroup, and Dan Warne asked if I would work it up into an op-ed piece
for Australian Personal Computer. Here, I'm trying to pick up threads
*not* of whether StreetView is an invasion of privacy in the legal
sense, but why it makes people feel uncomfortable.

(Note: the headline isn't my own, nor is the choice of image to
accompany the story!)

My thanks to the Linker - Stil? - who mentioned reciprocity, and which I
gave a small play in the article...

http://apcmag.com/why_we_should_be_afraid_of_google_streetview.htm

Cheers,
RC