[LINK] Fw: Fwd: [ PRIVACY Forum ] Brits' Failed Heavy Metal Censorship Attempt Disrupts Wikipedia Edits

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Tue Dec 9 07:49:46 AEDT 2008

At 11:21 PM 8/12/2008, Kim Holburn wrote:
>It's easy enough to create a click-though page like Google's phishing
>page:

Interesting option, Kim, but doesn't eliminate a few of the major issues:

- there is still a filter of some sort in place to determine the need
for the 'click-through' message
- as a result, there would still be performance slow down
- there is still a 'big brother' nanny determining what deserves the
'label' of 'inappropriate'
- resulting in adults potentially going on 'suspect' lists if they
click through, and potentially could have to prove 'innocence' over
something that wasn't even them doing the clicking [the old bit about
'who was driving the car when you went through that red light'

There may be more.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007