[LINK] RFC - Critiques of interview technique

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jul 3 09:38:24 AEST 2008

At 02:04 PM 2/07/2008, Tom Worthington wrote:
>One question I have is if anybody listens to such podcasts? When
>overseas recently I found it  rush into the cybercafe and download
>enough digital audio from the ABC and BBC to keep me occupied on a
>eight hour ferry ride. But this was material derived from radio
>programs. Has it reached a point where podcasts are a medium in their
>own right or are they derivatives of radio?

The answer is yes, podcasts are popular. Even little ol' me had over
700 downloads of an interview I did a couple years ago about
collaborative writing fiction. I think the interest is a matter of
any communication format: alerting the right interested people that
it's there. And like blogs, if you get a loyal following, the repeat
readers/listeners keep you motivated to do it. I didn't used to read
blogs, but now I have about 10 that I reload daily that address a
particular topic of interest. I think that folks who ipod are more
likely to listen to podcasts, like those who commute. Since I don't,
I don't ipod. I bought a cheap one a few months ago, but haven't used
it much at all, even though I loaded it with audio books and music.
Of course it could also hold podcasts, too.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
commentary: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

Anonymous fame at last! - anon

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007