[LINK] Mobile Co-location

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jul 31 10:15:30 AEST 2008

Richard writes,

> Out of curiosity, I went to the site: http://www.mcf.amta.org.au
> And searched on Bendigo .. the two points are (according to the distance
> calculator on Geosciences Australia) about 220 metres apart. If you were
> planning radiocommunications sites based on the data, you'd want one or
> the other of the databases to be more accurate than 200+metres Cheers, RC

Yes indeed, 220 metres is significant. And, another aside, I have applied
to the ACMA and have just been awarded an FM Stereo Radio Station licence.

I'm in the process of building studios, and will be broadcasting this year.

The application process is rigorous, and includes a strong recommendation
to use Google Earth when pledging to them the location of your antenna. It
was required to be within 10 mtrs which I imagine also applies here Richard

Cheers Richard
Stephen Loosley
Victoria Australia