[LINK] Vista and Do Not Record broadcast flags

Anthony Hornby anthony.w.hornby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:37:32 AEST 2008

> Well: My remark about media centres was not an attack on media centre
> users per se; I was explaining why I don't think DNR flagging will make
> any difference to the success / failure of Vista.

Sorry - I didn't interpret "PC-based Media
Centres, whether Apple or Microsoft or Linux, have a specific target
market: people for whom getting this sort of crap to work creates a
sense of achievement which serves as a surrogate for the ability to do
things that are actually useful ..." in that light. It seems to be
having a teeny little go at media centre users to me :-)

> Yep. I waste time on wood. I don't, however, assume that just because I
> like building my wife's new kitchen from scratch rather than from a
> flat-pack, that this reflects the default position of Joe Sixpack.

Agreed, I don't expect media centre PCs of any flavour to take off
outside the PC enthusiasts tiny sliver of the population any time
soon. It is very likely the "build a kitchen from wood I have hewn
with my own hands" demographic represents a larger group :-)

Anthony