[LINK] LHC 'computer' hacked

Jan Whitaker jwhit at janwhitaker.com
Mon Sep 15 09:29:16 AEST 2008

Love the acronym of the hacker group: GST. Note the picture.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/biztech/hackers-penetrate-hadron-collider-network/2008/09/14/1221330621555.html
Hackers penetrate Hadron Collider network
September 14, 2008 - 9:21AM

Hackers claim they have broken into the computer system of the Large
Hadron Collider, the mega-machine designed to expose secrets of the cosmos.

A group calling itself the Greek Security Team left a rogue webpage
mocking the technicians responsible for computer security at the
giant atom smasher as "schoolkids", The Times and Daily Telegraph reported.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
business: http://www.janwhitaker.com
personal: http://www.janwhitaker.com/personal/
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/

~Madeline L'Engle, writer

Writing Lesson #54:
Learn to love revision. Think of it as polishing the silver for
guests. - JW, May, 2007