[LINK] Should we revert to analog TV or scrap wireless broadcasting all together?

Stilgherrian stil at stilgherrian.com
Tue Feb 24 18:21:34 AEDT 2009

On 24/02/2009, at 6:11 PM, Tom Koltai wrote:
> Many of you would be aware that Chris Gilbey and I are researching P2P
> file sharing practices. Specifically the 68% of the Australian
> population that would appear to utilise Bittorrent or Emule on a PC
> connected to tvu.org.ru with the choice of over 250,000 tv shows.

What???!?!??!

Where'd this 68% number come from? Only 70-odd percent of Australian
households even have broadband Internet connections AT ALL, and my
experience with small business and SOHO users is that most of them can
barely use email, let alone install BitTorrent clients.

Linkage please! Or I call shenanigans.

Or are you taking as gospel the inflated numbers touted by the Big End
of Town Music and Movie Industries?

Stil

--
Stilgherrian http://stilgherrian.com/
Internet, IT and Media Consulting, Sydney, Australia