[LINK] unclaimed monies

stephen at melbpc.org.au stephen at melbpc.org.au
Tue Jan 20 19:47:31 AEDT 2009

Following an item on 7 tv news .. am trying to go to:

 http://www.sro.vic.gov.au

which attempts to resolve to:

 http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/SROWebSite.nsf/index1.htm

but, utilizing bog-standard IE7 .. one gets 5 minutes of text:

 'Checking web browser compatiblilty...'

and whatever 'compatibLILTY'(?) means .. altogether, no site
for many minutes, and, then their 'search for unclaimed money'
function here:

 http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/SROWebSite.nsf/ucm_searchIntro.htm

doesn't want to work for me .. maybe they're just busy, but it's not good.

Anyone else experience this, or, is it my use of the very un-common IE7
browser?  Maybe the State Revenue Office wants to keep unclaimed monies,
which they do after seven years anyway .. that is, unclaimed monies from
old superannuation accounts, bank accounts etc, etc .. ahh well, even tho
i seriously doubt anyone owes me any money, am sick of waiting so i guess
i won't know .. hope all this is just temporary State IT incompetence :(

Cheers, Link
Stephen Loosley
Victoria Australia