[LINK] Australian E-portfolio Plan

Tom Worthington Tom.Worthington at tomw.net.au
Sun Jul 5 10:39:49 AEST 2009

At 10:04 AM 3/07/2009, Markus Buchhorn wrote:
>At 08:13 AM 2/07/2009, Tom Worthington wrote:
>>... government needs to tell the sectors there will only be funding
>>for work on one common system ...
>
>Sorry - you accept there are genuine differences between the sectors
>but will only encourage one common system?? ...

Yes. One system will require compromises and be difficult, but
worthwhile. An example of where this would be useful is for
sustainable computing. The ANU is offering a masters unit on
<http://cs.anu.edu.au/students/comp7310/>Green ICT Strategies next
semester <http://cs.anu.edu.au/students/comp7310/>and Box Hill
Institute of TAFE have now announced some ICT sustainability units
<http://www.bhtafe.edu.au/Courses/GCIS1.htm> These courses will cover