[LINK] Australian E-portfolio Plan

Jan Whitaker jwhit at melbpc.org.au
Sun Jul 5 11:27:34 AEST 2009

At 10:39 AM 5/07/2009, Tom Worthington wrote:

>The details of the e-portfolios may be different for TAFEs and
>Universities, but it should be possible to at least get agreement on
>the essentials: what was the title of the course, when did they do
>it, did they complete it, did they pass or not

We went through this in the Arizona state system in the 80s. It was
referred to a articulation. There were six common course elements:
title, description, credit hours, prerequisites, course number, and
something else, but can't recall. Then in each department/curriculum
area, an index of comparable equivalent subjects were published. So
if someone successfully completed a subject in one uni or college,
they were considered to have met that requirement. Transcripts of
grades were easily available and exchanged between the institutions.

Jan

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
jwhit at janwhitaker.com
blog: http://janwhitaker.com/jansblog/