[LINK] Better uses of the Radio spectrum was Re: Ex IBM Employer reveals TV abandonded analogue band for RFID

Marghanita da Cruz marghanita at ramin.com.au
Thu Jul 16 10:23:45 AEST 2009

The move from Analog to Digital TV and Radio is to free up spectrum for all
kinds of applications:

Including additional free to air TV stations. In Sydney, there are a couple of
extra free to air TV channels - NITV and Federal Parliament/Teachers Channel.
Though the Community Channel 31 doesn't seem to have migrated yet.  There are
possibly also private/subscriber pay broadcasts.

RFID is probably just one of many new uses of the spectrum....though I suspect
3G wireless broadband is the biggest demand.

and though I haven't figured out what it is:
> Google Latitude
> See where your friends are right now
> Start using it on your phone
>
> See your friends' locations and status messages and share yours with them.
<http://www.google.com.au/latitude/intro.html#dc=lath>

Marghanita

--
Marghanita da Cruz