[LINK] naked dsl

Ivan Trundle ivan at itrundle.com
Tue Mar 3 09:50:47 AEDT 2009

On 03/03/2009, at 9:34 AM, Jan Whitaker wrote:

> Do you mean maintenance or repair? As I understand it, they only do
> repair now, and sometimes that takes days to accomplish.

The ISP handles the frontline repair (interface with customer) whilst
it is Telstra staff (or Optus, depending upon whose line you are
using) that repair the line itself.

> Would it get
> worse if Telstra wasn't the landline provider?

Telstra isn't my landline provider in this instance. The service is no
better or worse. However, I can vouch for my ISP being efficient,
contactable, and friendly.

> Well, since the
> customer is then the ISP, maybe there is more clout than the
> individual home customer would have anyway.

No, the customer isn't the ISP. The customer is buying a service from
an ISP, who is buying the line from either Telstra or Optus (not sure
if there are any other line providers - Linkers will know).

iT